Yay! My first tag, I am so excited! I was tagged by my new blogosphere friend from Outnumbered Two to One to do a meme about six quirky things about me. So here are the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about six unspectacular quirks you possess.
4. Tag six following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they have been tagged.
So here goes, my six unspectacular quirks:
1. I hate talking on the phone. There, I've said it. I would rather send an e-mail or text any day than have a chat on the phone. I used to LOVE talking on the phone, I don't know what happened. Now I like to keep it short and sweet. I think I subconsciously avoid talking on the phone all the time and I feel bad because it is not that I don't want to talk to the person, I would just rather do it in the flesh.
2. I won't eat leftovers. If it has been in the fridge for more than 24 hours, I will either toss it, give it to the dog or make my husband eat it. I know it is a waste and not very earth friendly, but I just can't stand the thought of eating two day old food.
3. I have terrible chronic hives that make me break out in little red welts if something so much as grazes my skin. It is such a pain! I have had it since I was about 14 years old and the doctor has no idea why I have it or how to make it go away. I take antihistamines every day to lessen the annoyance, but it's still pretty annoying...
4. I am extremely vain. Not in the way that I am constantly primping and preening myself, but I just care deeply how I look and am always thinking of new ways to make myself "look better." I know it's shallow, but I don't judge how others look, just myself. I never seem to look good enough...a psychotherapist would probably have a field day with me, I should probably look into it.
5. I chew my lips. Most of the time I don't even know that I am doing it. It gets to the point when my lips are chewed to shreds and I have to consciously stop myself from doing it because it hurts so much! I have done it for as long as I can remember...oral fixation maybe? Yeah right, ask my husband--he'd disagree!
6. I used to hold entire unintelligible conversations in my sleep when I was younger. While sleeping on the couch, I would sit straight up and direct a crazy question at someone in the room and insist that I was awake and making perfect sense. One night, I ran into the bathroom where my mother was on the toilet and screamed "WHAT TIME IS IT??? I scared the shit out of her (good thing she was on the toilet!)
Well, making this list has certainly opened my eyes to how freakin' crazy I am! I seriously need some more medication or something! Anywho, here are the ladies I am tagging:
2. Cheaper Than Therapy
3. Crazy for Trying
4. Girls Gone Child
5. Hot Child in the Suburbs
6. Playgroups are No Place For Children