Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Have Met the Devil...


...and her name is Jillian Michaels...you'll have to excuse me, I am still trying to catch my breath and stop the pounding in my chest...

OK, so I just did Level 1 of The 30 Day Shred, and all I have to say is LEVEL 1 MY ASS! I guess I am a LOT more out of shape than I thought I was, because about 2 minutes in I was ready to collapse. This work-out is INTENSE with a capital WTF? Since it is only 20 minutes long (the longest 20 minutes of my life!), there are NO breaks, not even for water, so as the sweat was POURING off my face, I couldn't even swallow my throat was so dry and I thought my limbs were going to give out on me. I began to hate, and I mean really hate, Jillian Michaels. I was compelled to jump right through the television (because in my little fantasy world, I can do that) and strangle her muscular little neck.

But lo and behold, even though I had to take little five second breaks here and there, I made it through to the end. Here I sit, in a puddle of my own perspiration, thinking "how in the world am I going to be able to do that again tomorrow?" But I must stay positive and believe in myself that I will find the strength to do it again. I do feel slightly energized and more than a little proud of myself for finally getting back up on that horse. (And I think a glass of wine later on to congratulate myself will make it all worth it as well).

But to Jillian Michaels, at this point in time, I would like to say "GO TO HELL YOU EXERCISE WHORE!"

I feel much better now.
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821