Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Post # 101: Definitely Not as Interesting as 100

Sorry guys, but yesterday's post took so much out of me that today I am taking a Bogie.

First of all, I want to thank everyone that stopped by and left me a comment wishing me a Happy 100th post and also for all the "ovulation" wishes that I received as well. It was also great hearing all of your stories about trying to conceive and it is amazing how we all have so much in common when it comes to that particular topic.

Next, I want to remind you all to check out the Humor Blogger Carnival over at Etta Rose's Edge of Sanity. There is a CRAPLOAD of extremely funny posts over there (including mine, which probably pale in comparison to the other humor geniuses'). So show your support for Humor Bloggers Dot Com and check it out puh-leeaaaase!

Lastly, I want to share something with you that I have told very few people (ssshhh, I am keeping this on the DL for now) so you 300 hundred people or so should feel really special. I am thinking about writing a book. Yes, I know, everyone wants to write a book. And yes, mine will probably get finished around 2020 and will remain unpublished for the rest of my life like so many others', but it is something that I have just always wanted to do and I feel like I actually have something to share now. Are there too many moms out there writing books about parenting and raising little monsters, I mean children? I just don't want to be a cliche and write the same book that is being rejected all over the country because there is just too many moms with big mouths that want to "share." I would like your input here. Should I try to throw my hat in the ring or should I stick to blathering about random stuff on my blog? I only want to do it if it is really something that people will benefit from. Basically, I am thinking about putting together a funny collection of stories, anecdotes and advice for being a work-at-home mom and wife and trying to "have it all." It hasn't really taken shape yet, but I have some ideas swirling around in my head. I want it to be something mothers or someday mothers would read to get a laugh and a little perspective, and maybe even some comfort, knowing that we are all facing the same issues.

So now that I have completely bored all of you, I will sign off and leave you with this quote:

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821