Sunday, October 19, 2008

*UPDATED* Miss "Too Much Information" a.k.a. The One Where I Talk About Pee

Have you ever had one of those days (or a series of days) that makes you think you must have done something really, really bad in a previous life and you are definitely being punished in some sick, karmic way?

Yeah, that was this weekend.

It started with Friday when I woke up with terrible stomach pain that felt like someone was wrenching out my uterus, and I had to jump out of bed to urgently pee (which didn't feel much better). The dreaded UTI, I thought. Yes, I know you were all wondering how often I get UTI's. Well, you are in luck, I am about to tell you. I get them about two-three times a year and they SUCK! And the worst part is that my doctor won't just call in a prescription anymore so I have to go all the way to the doctor just for her to tell me that it is a UTI (Really? I never would have guessed) and prescribe me an antibiotic (Yeah, that can't be taken care of over the phone, right? Evil!) But actually, what I was feeling on Friday felt more like I was getting my period, so I waited patiently with tampon at the ready all day on Friday.

But that little minx didn't show. Aunt Flo, you are tricky sometimes!

So Friday night I was laying in bed and every time I moved, I got sharp pains in my pelvic bones and in my groin (I know you have always wanted me to write about my groin too, right?). It was very uncomfortable and I started to get worried that this wasn't your run of the mill UTI. So Saturday I went to the urgent care doctor and had a urinalysis. I was also feeling run down and had a low grade fever and was getting dizzy.

Urinalysis came back normal. Hmmm. And the lovely urgent care doctor was so helpful by suggesting that I "wait it out" and see how I feel this week and if I am still in pain to go BACK to the doctor. Yes, it would have been so difficult to do some blood tests to possibly avoid me having to RETURN to the doctor with 2-year-old in tow. So I was sent on my way without any answers, feeling rather cheated.

Today I feel terrible--same kind of pain, urgency to pee and peeing every 15 minutes or so. I am tired and cranky and I just want my mommy. To top it all off, my 2-year-old seems to be getting a cold AND I have about a gallon of water soaked into my living room rug at the moment. Why, you ask? Well, let's just say a "certain" 2-year-old little angel needed to see the fishies better, and we'll just say that "somehow" both plastic fish tanks ended up on the floor--water, rocks, plants AND fish splattered all over the rug. Thank GOD I know fishie First Aid, because otherwise those little dudes would have been tonight's suhi dinner.

But no, I saved their LIVES! That must be worthy of some good karma my way, don't you think?

So basically, I am in pain, I am tired, and I am emotionally exhausted from the fish search and rescue mission. And I won't eve GO INTO the amount of things I have to do this week. So do I have time to go to the doctor?

NO!

And do I want to have to spend my precious time this week buying two new fish tanks and setting them up ALL OVER AGAIN?

NO!

This is where you say "oh poor you, Petra, life is just so unfair!"

Or you can just say "shut your whiny little trap and get over it Drama Queen!"

So yeah, I guess I'll shut up now. I promise I will be in a better mood tomorrow and my pity party will have ended.

Now I have to go because I really have to PEE!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE!!

Baby girl has the croup! Blegh! But in the good news department, I am feeling much better, now I only have a slight twingy, crampy feeling, so hopefully I don't have a kidney stone or anything...I promise I will go to the doctor if my symptoms persist or get worse mommies!!! (I love being pampered and fussed over--you guys are the best!)

But needless to say, I will be busy tending to the little lady, so I probably won't have a post for you today. I will try to have a good one tomorrow!

Peace out!
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821