Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Top 10 Mommy Phrases...

We all heard our mothers and our friends' mothers and the mothers in the grocery store yell at their kids and say all the typical, cliche phrases growing up, and of course we always thought we would roll over and die before we said them, right? But I think I am not alone when I say that I find myself saying them ALL THE TIME, and to be honest, they really do come in handy!

Here are the Top 10 Mommy Phrases that I always hated that I now say on a regular basis:

10. Quick like a bunny! (I think I say this EVERY DAY and I always think I sound silly saying it, but I can't help myself. It is like I have Tourette's or something.)

9. This place is a pigstye! (What better way to describe the room when it looks like a tornado hit it? There isn't one.)

8. Don't test me! (This is a nice way of saying "if you say one more word, I am going to go ape-shit on your ass kid!)

7. Watch your mouth! (When the occasional curse word or rude statement sneaks out, this is perfect, because it is better than saying "stop repeating the words I say.")

6. What did I just say? (Cause usually I can't really remember, but I know it was something related to the misdeed he or she has just committed.)

5. You better think about what you did! (This gets you out of having to have the "lecture" about what they just did.)

4. You're on thin ice mister! (A.k.a. I'm about to lose it, so you better shape up!)

3. Sit down and shut up! (no, just kidding, but sometimes don't you want to say this?)

2. I brought you into this world and I can take you out! (this one is my favorite, and the first time I said this to my stepson (whom I did not actually bring into this world, but he didn't catch on to that little fact), he looked at me with wide eyes and said "YOU CAN?"

and finally, the "mother" of all Mommy Phrases:

1. Because I said so!!!! (It just works--IN EVERY SITUATION!)

What are the Mommy Phrases you say that you never thought you would? Come on, you know you have 'em--DISH!
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821