Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Straight Poop from The Wise Young Munchkins

I have seen this meme all over the internet, from blogs to Facebook and the answers are always so adorable, so I thought I would give it a shot, despite my fear that my children would totally call me out on all my wackiness. Surprisingly, the answers were quite nice, although some of the questions went way over the head of my almost 3-year-old, so those answers don't make much sense, if they exist at all. All in all, it was very telling and a WHOLE lot of fun. Check out the 411 on The Wise Young Mommy from the two that know her best, her almost 3-year-old daughter and almost 9-year-old stepson:

1. What is something mom always says to you?

Baby Girl: "No more Lucky Charms." ( I do say this at least once a day, because she eats all the marshmallows out and then wants more.)

Big Boy: "You gotta do this." (Yup, that sounds about right.)

2. What makes mom happy?

Baby Girl: "Me, I make you happy."

Big Boy: "When we are good." (amen and halelujah)

3. What makes mom sad?

Baby Girl: "When Maggie (our dog) barks too much."

Big Boy: "When we are bad." (again, can I get an amen?)

4. How does your mom make you laugh?

Baby Girl: "With a joke."

Big Boy: "You're funny." (yup, their mom is a clown.)

5. What was your mom like as a child?

Baby Girl: "You liked stories, like my books."

Big Boy: "You were very smart and always focused on your work." (yup, their mom was a nerd.)

6. How old is your mom?

Baby Girl: "3."

Big Boy: "29." (slam dunk on this one!)

7. How tall is your mom?

Baby Girl: "Bigger than me."

Big Boy: 6'2" (hahahaha, I could be in the WNBA; dude, I'd make so much money!)

8. What is her favorite thing to do?

Baby Girl: "Work." (yeah right, I think NOT).

Big Boy: "You have a lot of things you like to do. Um, play with me and Baby Girl." (that's better.)

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?

Baby Girl: "Laundry." (like I waste kid-free time doing laundry. More like get sloshed and play hide the pickle with daddy)

Big Boy: "Do stuff with Baby Girl or go to work." (yes, and above)

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

Baby Girl: "Where's the thing?" (yeah, she didn't get this question)

Big Boy: "Athlete." (hahaha, I don't think so. I am NOT the picture of athleticism, but it's sweet of him to say.)

11. What is your mom really good at?

Baby Girl: "Taking care of me. And I take care of your sore back." (yes, I can't wait until her fingers are strong enough to actually do something when she rubs my back)

Big Boy: "Writing books." (at least SOMEBODY thinks so)

12. What is your mom not very good at?

Baby Girl: "You can't mommy do." (I hope this doesn't mean "being a mommy.")

Big Boy: "I can't think of anything--wait--you're not good at remembering things." (Dang, thought I had gotten out of that one scott free. Sadly, he's right)

13. What does your mom do for a job?

Baby Girl: "I'm your job. I burped."

Big Boy: "Which one? Only one? Massaging and making books.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?

Baby Girl: "Chicken." (good call)

Big Boy: "Salads." (another good call)

15. What makes you proud of your mom?

Baby Girl: "Me proud of you! I want my own cookies!" (starting to lose focus at this point...)

Big Boy: "Taking such good care of me." (awwwwww *tear)

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

Baby Girl: "I want a cookie!!!!" (yup, I've lost her...)

Big Boy: "You would be the mom from The Replacements." (OK, I can buy that)

17. What do you and your mom do together?

Baby Girl: "We're happy." (most of the time, yes we are)

Big Boy: "We talk and we go to daddy's office."

18. How are you and your mom the same?

Baby Girl: "I'm you, the same as girl." (I think this means we are both girls, not sure.)

Big Boy: "We both like to exercise." ("like" is a strong word...)

19. How are you and your mom different?

Baby Girl: "I'm a baby and you are my mommy."

Big Boy: "I like video games and you don't." (well, that is until I get my Wii Fit!)

20. How do you know your mom loves you?

Baby Girl: "The dolphin guy!" (focus was completely unsalvageable at this point and she was commenting on something on TV)

Big Boy: "You tell me so."

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?

Baby Girl: "What do you like about me?" (hello? this is supposed to be about ME?)

Big Boy: "That he looks good and he's funny." (so true, so true. And, you know, his big...hands)

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?

Baby Girl: "You like to go for a walk in the woods." (Yeah, we did that once.)

Big Boy: "You're favorite place to go is the bookstore." (does this boy know his nerdy mom or what?)

I hope you enjoyed my children's answers as much as I did. Go try it with your kids; you never know what might pop out!! You may even learn something!
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821