Monday, March 23, 2009

SEXIS Article # 2--Auto-Erotic Autonomy: Women & Self-Image

This next article from SEXIS at EdenFantasys.com (my new favorite sex guide online) is of particular interest to me, because I have struggled with this issue for my entire life. Some of you witnessed part of it firsthand from reading my blog post on Friday about how insecure I am and how I doubt myself with every step I take. Well, this article is all about women's self-esteem issues and how it affects their sex life. It's called Auto-Erotic Autonomy: Women & Self-Image. I love the author's take on the issue, and I will tell you why.

First of all, one of the first things she points out is how hard it is for real women nowadays to feel good about themselves when they are bombarded with visuals of so-called "perfect" women in magazines, on television or in stores. She even points out how shopping for clothing is a verifiable challenge on our insecurity when sizes from shop to shop and style or brand vary so widely for women, as opposed to men's styles, which are pretty consistent across the board. Yes, I have walked into a store and walked right out after finding out that in order to fit into something, I would have to buy a size 25, and that just ain't cool. I would rather not buy anything at all. This myriad of neuroses about our body image not only wreak havoc on our daily lives, but also show up, most undesirably I may add, in the bedroom.

The author goes on to explain that people with low self-esteem and poor body image have much less fulfilling sex than those that feel great in their own skin. I can attest to this. When I feel sexy and I am not thinking about the fat around my midsection or whether my ass is jiggling too much, the love sessions are tremendously improved over those times when I just don't feel good about myself and am self-conscious of every roll and fold. And how in the world are you supposed to have an orgasm if you are concerned with not looking good instead of being "in the moment." Yup, not gonna happen.

Go read the article to find out the suggestions the author gives for improving your self-esteem and giving yourself a boost when you aren't feeling up to par. She offers some great insight on feeling more secure in your relationship and your sex life, which might just make the extra difference on whether your night is a raging sucess or a total waste of time and lube. As a parent, like most of you, I know we don't have a whole lot of opportunities to let loose with each other, so why waste that time worrying about how you look or whether your partner thinks you are sexy. Here's a tip: HE DOES THINK YOU ARE SEXY. He wouldn't be having sex with you if he didn't. So let go of those insecurities and let your hair down. You'll thank me for it later.

Go check out SEXIS at EdenFantasys.com for more sex tips, sex guides and sex news. And join the forums and get in on the discussion!
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821