Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Young, Funny Mom Blogger Seeks Equally Funny and Talented Dad Blogger: Must Love Pina Coladas and Getting Caught in the Rain

As some of you may know already, my very good friend and the other half of He Blogs, She Blogs is going on a blogging hiatus and will not be able to do He Blogs, She Blogs for, well, let's just say "a while." Now before the rumors start swirling that he has been brainwashed by Tom Cruise and is picking up and moving to L. Ron Hubbard's compound in Nebraska, or that he and I had some enormous fight over the syndication of He Blogs, She Blogs, vowed to never speak again, and he was so devastated that he could never blog again, I will set you straight. The reason Jim is not blogging for a little while is his own, private business. All I will say is that I am extremely disappointed to be losing this wonderful addition to the blogging world and I just hope that he can get things straightened out so that he will return to us and continue to brighten our days with his funny, insightful and offbeat writing. I know a lot of us consider Jim as a good friend and a valued member of our little community, so it won't be easy going on without him. But as they say in the theater, the show must go on. And it shall.

So now, I am in the sticky situation of being glaringly short a "He" in "He Blogs, She Blogs," and after receiving Jim's blessing, I have decided to look for a temporary replacement until he can slide back into his spot. Basically, I need someone to keep the momentum going and keep his place all warm and toasty. But this is a serious issue, since these are some really big shoes to fill and I don't want just anybody being the yin to my yang. So here is what I am going to do:

I am calling all Dad Bloggers who have the time, think they have the gumption and would be interested in being Jim's stand-in for the time being to leave me a comment saying you are throwing your hat in the ring and we will have a little contest. May as well have a little fun and make a bad situation a little brighter by tossing in some healthy competition, right? Basically, I will choose four HBSB topics to cover and each dad that wants to try out will have until February 14th to submit them to me to post on this blog. I will feature each contestant and YOU, the readers, will choose who will continue on every Monday until our beloved Jim returns. As soon as all the dads in the running have been featured, everyone should send me an e-mail with their choice and the one with the most votes wins! Don't worry, your votes will remain completely anonymous and I will not divulge who voted for whom. And I promise to be ultimately unbiased and purely ethical and will not rig the contest by choosing my favorite blogger either (Girl Scout promise. And yes, I WAS a Girl Scout). This is all up to you guys, and that is the way it should be. (In the case of a tie, there will be a winner takes all Ultimate Fighting competition and the winner by knock-out or submission will be the winner.)

So PLEASE, if you are a dad and a blogger, give it a shot! The more options there are, the more fun it will be, so don't be all insecure and scared to show your stuff. I know you are out there, and you all kick ass, so let's DO THIS THING! Make Jim proud!

Who's in? Don't make me bribe you with hash brownies and beer...
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821