Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yes, I Would Jump Off a Cliff if My Friends Were Doing It

randomtuesday

Yes, folks, today is my first go at Random Tuesday and I picked up my button from Keely, put on my Tuesday underpants and am ready to rock. Since I have always yearned to be "one of the cool kids" and it seems that this is what the "cool kids" (and by cool kids, I mean the bloggers that weren't cool back in the day but grew up into the coolest, funniest and hottest people whom I now wish I could be like because I am still not cool) are doing, then I am jumping on the proverbial bandwagon.

Plus, my head is totally empty of any lucid thought, the only explanation I can think of being that I haven't been drinking and as a writer, I must have alcohol for my creative process. Or I am detoxing. Whatever, supposedly it isn't "good for you" to drink every day, especially if you are doing it to "escape your stress" or something like that, so I guess in order to avoid the whole alcoholism thing, I am trying to be more responsible with my alcohol consumption. I am such a grown-up.

So here is my Random Tuesday - Oscars Edition:

First of all, I want to express my disdain at the fact that The Oscars seemed like a student directed high school production, and the best part of the whole thing was the skit done by Seth Rogen and James Franco (which was HILARIOUS). If you didn't see it, here it is:



But seriously, Baz Luhrmann, you disappoint me. I expected so much more of you than that musical montage mess that looked like it was thrown together at the last minute and had no continuity or flow. And Hugh Jackman and Beyonce? You may as well have put Jerry Lewis and Janet Jackson up there cause it just DID NOT LOOK RIGHT. Of course, we had the quality performance value of the HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL stars and the pregnant chick from Big Love, so they must have thought that would save the day. NOT. I must admit, I did like when Hugh Jackman pulled Anne Hathaway up on the stage and she was awesome, but other than that, I think Hugh was a HUGHGE mistake.

Which is too bad, cause he is hot. And he is Wolverine.

Which brings me to my next random thought. I saw the preview for the new X-Men movie, the birth of Wolverine and I can't wait to see it. Did I just say that? Seriously? But I do. And I want to see the Watchmen too. I think hell just froze over.

My husband and I saw Slumdog Millionaire this weekend (seeing that I knew it was going to clean up at the Oscars and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about) and we both loved it. It was freaking fantastic, but it is really pissing me off that people are getting all offended that it misportrayed Mumbai. To all those people, I would like to say:

IT IS A MOVIE.

And it's not a documentary or a historical film, nor did they claim that it was supposed to accurately portray the slums of India. Since when is Hollywood ever been the authority for anything? Please. Don't get me wrong, I have all the respect in the world for the people of India and the fact that they are trying to change their image of a "developing third world country" but you didn't see people from Gotham City getting all pissed off that The Dark Knight didn't do them justice did you? Sheesh!

But on a positive note, I am really glad that Kate Winslet won for Best Actress and she looked absolutely stunning and classic. I have always loved her (even before Titanic. If you haven't seen Heavenly Creatures, go rent it NOW).

And now I will admit something really embarrassing about myself (because we all know how much everyone loves to laugh at the expense of others). I used to dream about being up there onstage at the Oscars and would practice in front of the mirror what I would say if I actually won the coveted golden man. Kate admitted it, so I will too. Cause if it's good enough for Kate, it's good enough for me. Now the difference is that Kate actually made something of herself in Hollywood and I now sit at home with my two kids writing on my blog and looking back fondly at the days when my dreams of becoming an actress were still a wisp of a possibility. Whatever. I'm cool with it. *sniff. Sorry, I think I need a minute...

OK, I'm good. I am also thrilled that Sean Penn won for Milk because he is an incredible character actor. Although it would have been cool to see Mickey Rourke win after all these years. And it looks like his plastic surgery botch-up has been fixed or something, cause he looks so much better!

So that's it for Random Tuesday, Oscars Edition. Leave me a comment on what you thought of the Oscars or the nominated movies and actors, and grab the button from The Un-Mom if you want to participate in Random Tuesday yourself! And, if you admit to being as cheesy and pathetic as I am and practicing your Oscars speech in front of the mirror in the bathroom, I will love you forever. Now that's worth the embarrassment isn't it? Don't answer that.

Also, the winners of the See Kai Run, Zoom Album and EdenFantasys.com giveaways will be announced on Thursday so if you entered, don't forget to come back and find out if you won!

Wise Young Mommy OUT!
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821