Monday, February 16, 2009

And the Winner Is...ME!

And the reason I am the winner is because I had so many incredible daddy bloggers competing for the spot of blogging alongside me for He Blogs, She Blogs and they courted me just fine. OK, more than just fine. Every single one was FUCKING AWESOME. Almost every e-mail vote I received stated how hard it was to choose the winner because they were all so perfect, and because of that, I have added a little twist to the scenario, which I will share with you shortly. But in the meantime, let's talk about the results of the voting. And here it is:

Second runner up and winner of a year's supply of KY Jelly is a THREE WAY TIE!!!

We have Ron from Clark Kent's Lunchbox,

Ian from Idiot's Stew, and

Ryan from Pacing the Panic Room!

These three guys all brought it to the table so let's get a round of applause for this super group of guys!

[APPLAUSE]

And next, first runner up and winner of a signed framed photo of The Wise (*Young*) Mommy is...

Christopher from Cajoh!!!

Good job man! (Enjoy the photo, and don't sell it on e-bay!)

And finally, the BIG winner of the He Blogs, She Blogs competition is...

CHAD FROM US AND THEM!!!!

(Insert wild applause, confetti and noice makers here.)

Yes, folks, in a landslide win, readers said that Chad made them laugh, cry and ponder, and thus, he was the one they felt deserved to provide the male perspective in He Blogs, She Blogs for the duration of Jim's absence. I must say, I am thrilled. Because I think that Chad is an amazing writer, an awesome dad and a funny sonofabitch to boot. Plus, he's adorable and charming and can trash talk the pants off you any day. Fo' real, this dude has it all locked up and I know he will fill Jim's shoes just fine (and maybe, just maybe, the cowboy hat. We'll see...)

Congratulations Chad! I hope you are ready for the challenge. I'm not easy to work with, you know.

I want to send out a hearty thank you to all the other excellent dad bloggers who participated in the blog-off; they were so great and they helped make it an incredibly hard decision for everyone. Thank you to Kevin from Irish Gumbo, Joe from Crotchety Old Man Yells at Cars and Matt from DC Urban Dad. You guys are the bees' knees and will not be easily forgotten. Which brings us to...

The surprise you have all been waiting for! I had so many suggestions that I should let all the fellas participate that I have decided to add a little twist to He Blogs, She Blogs. Starting in the month of March, we will have one male/female He Blogs, She Blogs guest posting duo that take over for me and Chad once a month. The male guest posters will start out consisting of the other contestants, first being Cajoh, and then the others in turn. And the first female guest poster will be someone very special, and very close to my heart, and also someone who has been a bit MIA lately and very much missed. The one and only adorable, talented and self-deprecating...

STEENKY BEE!!!!

Careful people, don't fall off your work chairs or spit out your coffee. I know how exciting this is (especially for me, since I ADORE Jen over at Steenky Bee and the opportunity to work with her makes me quiver with anticipation). Stay tuned for the exact date for Jen and Christopher's first HBSB guest post, and feel free to throw me some suggestions for other female guest posters you would like to see in the future. I will be choosing women whom I think will bring justice to the topics, as well as work well with the fantastic dad bloggers with whom they will be interfacing. However, I am not an island, and I am fully open to suggestion...

In closing, we are starting to run out of topics, so PLEASE leave me some comments with questions you want answered by my new partner, Chad, and I for future segments of He Blogs, She Blogs. Next Monday will kick off our run together, and I can't wait. Excitement and hilarity awaits, and you WILL want to be a part of it.

Be there or be square.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to come back for the rest of the week for my giveaway spree! Tomorrow kicks it off with the See Kai Run review and giveaway, followed by Zoom Album on Thursday and Eden Fantasys on Friday. Free stuff!! W00t!
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821