Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Secret Santa Can Suck It Gift Swap!!

Bee over at Bee's Musings came up with the coolest of Christmas ideas, so much cooler than a Secret Santa where you buy someone something that they will never use, mainly because you have no idea what they like and you have to spend under $20. Here are the rules for the Secret Santa Can Suck it Gift Swap, according to Bee:


You will post a picture of what you would have gotten this person had you the money, time, love, hate etc. on Thursday December 11th.

It can be any picture, as long as it's not of nahked people because some people don't want to see 3 boobied men. If you're into that sort of thing, more power to you and I'm sure you'll get enough of those stuffed in your stocking but the recipient might run out of the room screaming and then get hit by a bus whose passengers are elderly appliance salesmen. You don't want to be responsible for somebody's broken bones, do you? Don't answer that.

Link the person to your post so they know you are their Secret Santa. That is a very important one right there.

If you would like to write a story telling us WHY you thought this would be a perfect gift, cool. If you think the picture speaks for itself, also cool.

Then I, the beautiful and talented toe juggler, will link all of y'all so that everybody can go look for their *gift*… kind of like an Easter egg hunt. Hey, look at it as the merging of two Holidays.

I will post all the links on Thursday. It would also be nice if you thank the person who gifted to you for their generosity in these here troubled times.


So I don't know the person that I got, but like the good, obedient little girl that I am, I went straight to her blog and read up on her so I could make an educated decision on what her gift should be. I found out some key things about her that helped me make the right choice for her Secret Santa gift. #1. She is a dog lover and has a beautiful dog, and # 2. That she used to rollerskate!

This person is Siren at Idiot Girl In Action

So her first gift is not actually for her, but for her dog, Sable:

As a fellow dog owner, I know how we love to pamper our pets, so this year Sable has a posh and comfy dog couch, just for her. You're welcome Sable. All I ask in return is a big, sloppy doggy kiss!

And for the Siren herself, I thought she could use some new gear so she could pick up where she left off years ago as a competitive rollerskater:

And I would like to add that I am a stellar rollerskater myself, so it's all you and me for "couples only" baby!

So I hope you like your gifts Siren and Sable! Enjoy and Merry Christmas (or Kwanzaa or Hannukah or whatever you choose to celebrate)!

 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821