Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Interview Meme from Jim: More About ME (Lucky You) Wait, Please Don't Go...

Well, in case you haven't learned enough about me over the past couple of weeks, I was honored and pleased to have been chosen by Jim at IPR for the Interview Meme that has been coveted and desired by so many bloggers (sorry, it was fixed, cause I am his BFF and he is obligated). He came up with some incredible questions (and very deep, I may add) and although I feel about as deep as a puddle lately, I will try to answer these questions seriously and thoughtfully, with nary a mention of dildos or boobs. (haha, yeah right. I had you going there didn't I?) Well, here goes nothing. I hope I "do you" proud Jim (not a dirty reference, by the way, go read here and check out the comments and you will understand).

1. What is the bravest thing that you feel you've ever done? Physically, emotionally, or whatever.

Since I am a complete wimp and almost never take any physical chances at all, I would have to say that the bravest thing I ever did was to take on an emotionally stunted single dad, his 1-year-old son and his psychotic baby momma in my senior year of college. My family at the time would have told you it was the stupidest thing I ever did (sorry honey, they didn't all love and adore you then like they do now), but thank God I did. There was just something about him, and I fell in love with his little munchkin the minute I laid eyes on him, so I knew I couldn't walk away. I gave up all my friends, my social life and my intended career (acting) to pursue a relationship of which I had no idea where it would lead. So many times I was sure it was going to end in heartbreak--a messy, disastrous mistake; and although many times it hurt and tore all of us apart, it didn't end. It thrived and grew into the best friendship I have ever had and a family to treasure.

Plus, he's really good in bed.

2. What one talent do you wish you had that you don't?

This is an easy one. I wish I was superbly athletic. I want to be one of those people who can play any sport with ease and have a generic predisposition to be in top physical condition. Although I am not completely uncoordinated and I am not a bad dancer, other than that, I have always been hopelessly mediocre at EVERY sport I have ever attempted to participate in. Even as a pilates instructor and personal trainer, I was the one that had to work twice as hard to obtain similar results as others, and never really reached the peak performance and physique that I desired. When I look at those sinewy, long, lean muscular bodies on people that barely work out but can hit a ball going 100 miles an hour and can spike a volleyball with ferocity, I want to throw up. But that's a habit I am not going to revisit, and is another post altogether...

3. We all have our reasons for blogging but what would be your ultimate goal for your blog or as a blogger?

I would have to say my ultimate goal for blogging would to become insanely famous and attain the celebrity and riches that I rightly deserve. No, really.

Nah, I don't need to be a celebrity. But I would like to be known by a small group of respected people in the writing world by writing a book or column someday. That would be cool. Honestly, I love to write, I love the interaction of writing for the web and the blogosphere and would like to be able to make money doing something I love and working the least amount of hours possible so I can spend tons of times with my kids. That's it.

4. You can trade lives with any one person for a month. Who would it be and why?

The Bloggess. Because I want to get into her sick, twisted and fascinating mind for just one day and experience what it feels like to be loved and adored by thousands on the interweb. And not give a shit.

5. There is a fire and your family is safe but you have the chance to save any one item from your home. What would it be and why?

Does a dog count as an item? Cause I would have to say my puppy face, Maggie, if so. But if she counts as a member of the family, then I would say I would grab my computer (and not for the selfish reasons you think...well, maybe a little bit), but because all my family photos are on the hard drive of my computer and there really is nothing else in this house that I care enough about to bother with. Thankfully, anything that means anything to us is in storage so all that would burn down here would be a lot of STUFF. Stuff that I can do without. A lot that I should probably get rid of NOW, fire or no fire. So I would grab my computer, save the pics of my kids and it would also be a nice little perk that I could blog about the fire in the hotel room.

6. You have the chance to go back in time and warn yourself before making a bad choice. What choice would it be and would you tell yourself?

Fuckin' Jim, has to make me really think and dig deep down into my pathetic little soul. Sigh. This is a tough question. Because there are SO many stupid things that I have done in my (sorta) short life, but I don't know how they would affect my life today so I am not sure if I would warn myself or not. What if I went back and warned myself about sleeping with some asshole in college (this is hypothetical of course because I didn't sleep with anyone until my wedding night--right, Mom?) and then instead of sleeping with him that night I went to a bar on campus and met some other guy who I thought was awesome and married him but then he turned on me and started beating me up like Jennifer Lopez in Closer and I had to go on the run and instead of today being happily married with two awesome kids and a cool blog, I was holed up in some safe house in Seattle with a vendetta and a really bad haircut? That would suck ass. So I don't think I would warn myself about anything. And, yes, I know I totally copped out of this answer and I don't care.

OK, now that I have convinced all of you just how crazy I ACTUALLY am, I will let you all go and ponder how much more well-adjusted you are than I am. You're welcome for making you feel better about yourself today. I am a giver, what can I say?

P.S. I just noticed I didn't mention dildos or boobs in that post. I am so deep.

P.P.S. I just made you say pee pee in your head.

P.P.S. Maybe I am not that deep...


 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821