Thursday, January 15, 2009

Award From My BFF

Jim from IPR, my BFF and Mr. Popularity himself (because he gets, like, an award a DAY because apparently he is just the coolest blogger to ever hit "publish") has bestowed upon me my first award in a long while. At first I was worried that I hadn't received any bling recently because I suck eggs or something equally horrible, but then I realized that it is probably because people just think I am so famous and uppity now that I have this uber popular blog that they think I won't even acknowledge a mere blogger award. Then I realized that was me living in my rich fantasy life again, and since I am neither famous nor have an "uber popular" blog, that the reason is probably just cause I suck eggs. But at least my best friend forever took pity on me and gave me this award:


This is a very fitting award for me since this blog is probably the most honest thing I have ever done, sometimes a little too honest. And embarrassing. And sometimes incriminating. But I digress...

Here are the rules attached to this award (cause, come on, you know there's no free lunch) I stole this content from Jim's site, and since he hasn't copyrighted anything, there's nothing he can do about it. Plus he knows I would give him major shit if he ever did anything about it anyway:

When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show the 7 victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!


So here's 10 honest things about myself (I didn't steal this from Jim, mostly because I am not a 40-year-old former gamer and cat burglar. But also because this is all about being HONEST right? See, I was paying attention...):

1. I clogged the toilet this morning.

2. My 2-year-old daughter was actually the one that finally unclogged it.

3. I am extremely insecure.

4. I have about four girl crushes at the moment.

5. I have never been to the movies by myself.

6. I felt like I always had to be in a relationship in college, and avoided being single like the plague.

7. I gained 50 pounds while pregnant with my daughter.

8. When I was little I used to tell people I wanted to be a lawyer and an archaeologist.

9. I once ran around the high school track at night without a shirt on to impress some boys in middle school. Definitely a low point in my life. I mean, I was wearing a sports bra and it was dark so they couldn't actually see anything, but still. What a slut.

10. I used to smoke cigarrettes in the parking lot of the high school with my boyfriend my junior year, and that is STILL probably the most badass thing I have ever done. Yes, sad, but true. I am really not a badass, as much as I like to think I am in my fantasy life.

So that's it. There are my 10 honest things. The next part says that I have to pass this award along to seven other bloggers, so here are the lucky winners:

1. Cat at Zipbag of Bones (one of my current girl crushes)

2. Deb at I Need a Martini Mom

3. Jen at Happily-Ever-After-Land

4. Rachel at Following in My Shoes

5. Ron at Clark Kent's Lunchbox

6. Captain Dumbass at Us and Them

7. Matt at DC Urban Dad

Sorry if any of you guys have already gotten this award. And feel free to do whatever you would like with it, such as take it and run, put it in your sidebar, print it out and frame it for your wall, or nothing at all. I will not be offended whatever you decide, just know that I dig you enough to take the time to give it to you.

Thanks again Jim for my pity award! (That's what best friends are for, right?)
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821