Friday, October 23, 2009

Boobs, Glorious Boobs


In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness week, ToyWithMe.com has had a boob-themed week, so if you head over there today, you can read my story about the power of breasts. And if you would like to donate to the Susan G. Komen fund to help with finding a cure for breast cancer, click on the banner above and it will take you directly to the Donations page.

My mother had a lump removed from her breast when I was 14 years old. Thankfully, it was benign and she has not had any problems since, but I know many that have been affected by this terrible disease. I even have a friend who, at a mere 30 years old, recently had a mastectomy due to breast cancer. I just want to reach out to all the women reading this today and ask that you are VIGILANT about checking your breasts for lumps and getting mammograms starting at the age of 40, and earlier if there is a history of breast cancer in your family.

I want you (and your boobs) around for a really, really, long time.

Everybody feel your boobs and have a great weekend!
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821